We help families, schools, shelters and feed thousands of children at school every school-day in the poor colonias in Mexico. We also make life-changing medical care a reality. We are Paper Houses Across the Border, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit charity. We have no paid employees and administrative costs are paid by a few friends. 100% of your donation is used to help those in need
Paper Houses Across the Border is a 501(3)(c) corporation and our mission is to improve the quality of life for American families and for the impoverished families living in the colonias by working cooperatively with the families and institutions in the colonias.
Provide people the startling experience of mission and selfless charity in the colonias of Mexico. With God’s help Paper Houses will reduce the number of hungry children throughout the world by helping to instill compassion in a generation that hears and responds to the cries of those in need.
- Respect the culture o f the people we serve.
- Respect the dignity of work and self-achievement.
- Strive to improve the quality o f life in the colonias by working with the people to support projects that help our friends succeed in business, home ownership, and support programs that provide food, shelter and love for the most neglected.
- Always engage in behavior that is beyond ethical reproach and respects the customs, laws, and beliefs of the people.
- Respecting a culture is more than simply enjoying traditional dances and songs. It includes accepting local methods of construction. Respecting a culture means listening to how and why things are done a certain way and not assuming that we know better.
- Life and individual religious beliefs are sacred and respected.
- We value customs and traditions.
- Our role is to provide support, friendship, material, and guidance to help the people of the colonias resolve problems . Our role in the lives of U .S. families is to facilitate a meaningful relationship with the people o f the colonias that improves their spiritual life and promotes happiness.
- Our focus is the colonia (neighborhood) and we work with the residents at the basic neighborhood level.
- The children of the colonias are our most valuable asset.
- We exist to work in partnership with the people of the colonias by servicing their needs.
- People should be treated fairly and equitably in recognition of basic human dignity and as a means of enriching life.
- Face to face encounters are the best way to accomplish our purpose and mission.